Keep these 24 hour hotline numbers handy:
911 Emergency (Police/Fire/Ambulance)
1-800-799-7233 National Domestic Violence Hotline
972-276-0057 Hope’s Door New Beginning Center
214-823-4434 Mosaic Family Services
972-880-4192 Texas Muslim Women’s Foundation
214-941-1991 The Family Place
214-946-4357 Genesis Women’s Shelter
1-800-886-7273 Turning Point Rape Crisis Center
Are you or your children:
- Ridiculed, put down, made fun of or belittled, verbally attacked or accused?
- Not free to come and go as you please, isolated from family or friends?
- Spied on, followed, or harassed?
- Forced to have sex against your will?
- Refused help when you are sick or injured?
- Restricted financially?
- Pushed, shoved, slapped, kicked, punched, strangled, or threatened with a weapon?
- Are your pets being abused, beaten?
What you can do to help protect yourself, your children, your pets:
- Call 911 if you need immediate help.
- If you are injured, go to a hospital, emergency room or doctor. Report what happened to you. Take photos, document your visit, & keep any evidence of physical abuse.
- Know where you can go for help and tell someone what is happening to you. Have the phone numbers of friends, relatives and domestic violence programs with you.
- Arrange a signal with a trustworthy neighbor.
- Keep important items w/someone you trust: spare set of keys, birth certificates, immunization records, social security cards, some money, an extra set of clothes, passports, insurance papers, prescriptions, driver’s license, checkbook, and food stamps.
- Plan the safest time to get away.
You can also search for local assistance services on collincares.org